- Foundation Footskills techniques in at least six quick touches using six different surfaces of the feet in gameplay
Low Instep Drive & High Lofted Ball
- Mastery of the Low Instep Drive and High Lofted Ball, as well as clear differentiation between the two strikes in gameplay
Power Heading & Multiple Juggling Surfaces
- Proper heading technique and the ability to use six different surfaces of the body while juggling and in aerial gameplay
Mobile First Touch
- Spatial awareness to take the first touch into space
Promotion to Combination Series
Aside from mastering all the skills coached in Foundation Series, students must also display the following traits in order to be considered for promotion to Combination Series.
- Dominate Every Session with Skills
- The Ability to Train
- Seek Out One-On-One Scenarios
Tips for Foundation Players...
Master the Skills
- There is no such thing as a soccer emergency. There is no race to Combination Series. Students in the Foundation Series remain in the series for a minimum of 12 weeks. This ensures they complete every phase of learning. The Foundation Series was designed to be one year worth of curriculum, and it may take students up to two years to master every skill.
How and When Do I get promoted?
- At the end of Phase 4, coaches meet to discuss students nominated for promotion. The coaches vote on each player, and if the player gets enough votes, they will be promoted to the next series. Each coach can only nominate a certain amount of players. Coaches are also required to vote "no" for a certain amount of players to maintain quality in each progression of skills.